FREE DRESS DAYS (School dress code applies)
TK-8th – the last Friday of each month
All students must follow the following dress code guidelines each day:
1. Students are expected to wear clothing that sufficiently covers their chest, stomach, back, buttocks and upper legs, reflecting good taste and modesty. Tops with spaghetti straps, tank-tops, bare-midriff, low neckline, and short shorts are not permitted.
*If your child can raise his/her arms above the head without the midriff showing, the shirt is of an appropriate length. If the child can put his/her arms to his/her sides without touching the skin of the legs, the skirt or shorts are an appropriate length.
2. Shoes must be worn at all times. Shoes with an open toe or which lack a strap at the ankle are not permitted. Flip-flops and sandals are not permitted.
3. Pants must fit at waist level without a belt and must be worn at waist level at all times. Sagging or oversized pants (1 size larger than waist size) are not permitted. Belts cannot be worn more than one size above the waist size and cannot hang down.
4. Clothing or accessories that reflect or communicate gangs, drug/tobacco or violence, that are sexually explicit, debase a particular group, or which use profane or abusive language are not permitted. Red/blue clothing or accessories including but not limited to backpacks or lunch boxes that are predominantly red or blue are not permitted. Blue jeans are acceptable only on Free Dress Day as long as no other blue clothing is used. NO LOGOS OF ANY TYPE ARE PERMITTED.
5. No jackets, outerwear, or any other article of clothing should contain words, letters, designs, or pictures depicting gang related affiliation, drugs, alcohol, obscenities, or sports team logos. This includes anything with “North” or “South,” “red” or “blue”, including the brand “South Pole,” or the numbers 13 or 14. Plain green, white, grey, black jacket is expected.
6. PANTS WITH RIPS OR HOLES ARE NOT ALLOWED AT ANY TIME.