Search Site

This search form uses an instant search feature. As you type, search results will appear automatically below the search field. When you've entered you desired search terms use tab to navigate through the available results and hit enter to open the selected page or document.
Community Update
Jenny Cox
Sunday, August 23, 2020

8-23-2020

Windsor Community,

Hello Everyone,

I was trying to give things some time before giving you an update regarding school tomorrow, but it seems that I may have waited a bit too long as I have received a number of inquiries this morning regarding the status of school tomorrow. As such, I wanted to send you guys an update.

Cali Calmecac is currently in Zone 1, and is under an evacuation warning. This means that the residents in that location need to be ready to leave, but are not required to leave. I spoke with Town of Windsor representatives yesterday, and was told that it is extremely unlikely that the Northwest part of Windsor would be impacted by the fire, but out of an abundance of caution, they issued the evacuation warning. It should also be noted that after the warning was issued for Zone 1, the winds shifted and began pushing the fire North, away from Windsor.

If things continue as they currently stand, we will have school tomorrow. I do know that a number of staff have been directly impacted by the fire, and there may be situations that arise tomorrow where things don't go as smoothly as normal. Please know that we are going to do our best to ensure that things are as normal as possible for the upcoming week, but there may be times where there are glitches as some staff may be providing instruction from locations that they don't normally provide instruction from.

There is a projected dry (no rain) lightning storm off the coast that could change things should it reach land. Current projections have it dissipating prior to reaching land, which is fantastic news, but there still is the possibility that it affects us. With the lightning comes significant winds...we really don't want this to make it to the shore. This is what I will be monitoring closely tonight as it will have the greatest effect on school being open/closed tomorrow.

Later tonight I will send another update as I think we will have more information. Be that as it may, should things continue on the current trajectory, we would have school tomorrow.

This waiting game is certainly taking a toll on me, as I am sure it is you as well. Let's hope that they can start getting some containment on this fire so we can all rest a little easier at night.

My update may come very late tonight/early morning tomorrow as I want to make sure that it is clear whether or not the dry lightning storm has impacted Windsor in any way. I promise to do my best to update you as soon as I know anything new.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Decker

Superintendent

Windsor Unified School District

Strong Schools/Strong Community

Comunidad de Windsor, Hola a todos, Estaba tratando de darles algo de tiempo antes de darles una actualización sobre la escuela de mañana, pero parece que he esperado demasiado, ya que recibí una serie de consultas esta mañana sobre el estado de la escuela mañana. Como tal, quería enviarles una actualización. Cali Calmecac se encuentra actualmente en la Zona 1 y está bajo una advertencia de evacuación. Esto significa que los residentes en esa zona deben estar listos para irse, pero no están obligados a hacerlo. Ayer hablé con representantes de la ciudad de Windsor y me dijeron que es extremadamente improbable que la parte noroeste de Windsor se viera afectada por el fuego, pero por precaución, emitieron la advertencia de evacuación. También debe tenerse en cuenta que después de que se emitió la advertencia para la Zona 1, los vientos cambiaron y comenzaron a empujar el fuego hacia el norte, lejos de Windsor. Si las cosas continúan como están actualmente, tendremos escuela mañana. Sé que varios miembros del personal se han visto directamente afectados por el incendio, y es posible que mañana surjan situaciones en las que las cosas no vayan tan bien como de costumbre. Tenga en cuenta que haremos todo lo posible para asegurarnos de que las cosas sean lo más normales posible durante la próxima semana, pero puede haber ocasiones en las que se produzcan problemas técnicos, ya que algunos miembros del personal pueden proporcionar instrucción desde lugares en los que normalmente no brindan instrucción.  Se proyecta una tormenta eléctrica seca (sin lluvia) frente a la costa que podría cambiar las cosas si llega a tierra. Las proyecciones actuales lo tienen disipando antes de llegar a tierra, lo cual es una noticia fantástica, pero aún existe la posibilidad de que nos afecte. Con los relámpagos vienen vientos importantes ... realmente no queremos que esto llegue a la orilla. Esto es lo que estaré monitoreando de cerca esta noche, ya que tendrá el mayor efecto en que la escuela esté abierta / cerrada mañana. Más tarde esta noche enviaré otra actualización ya que creo que tendremos más información. Sin embargo, si las cosas continúan en la trayectoria actual, mañana tendríamos escuela. Este juego de espera ciertamente me está pasando factura, y estoy seguro de que también a ustedes. Esperemos que puedan comenzar a contener un poco este fuego para que podamos descansar un poco más tranquilos por la noche. Mi actualización puede llegar muy tarde esta noche / temprano en la mañana mañana, ya que quiero asegurarme de que esté claro si la tormenta eléctrica seca ha impactado a Windsor de alguna manera. Prometo hacer todo lo posible para actualizarlos tan pronto como sepa algo nuevo. 

 Gracias. Sinceramente, 

 Jeremy Decker Superintendente 

 Distrito Escolar Unificado de Windsor

 Escuelas sólidas / Comunidad sólida